Maybelline Lip Smooth - Color and Care - Review

Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are doing great.

I am quite a lip products lover and most of the time, I end up purchasing a lipstick or a lip balm every time I cross a makeup shop. Seems like I am dragged inside by some invisible force. :-P So,  to refrain myself from such impulsive buying, I decided to buy a new lip product only when I finish one which I was using. Too much of effort, I tell you. I end up using the product so much more in a hurry to finish it off..? Do you ever do the same.?? 

So, after my Nivea Fruity Shine Pomegranate Lipbalm got over after the above efforts, I wanted to try something new. I got myself Maybelline Lip Smooth - Color and Care in Rose Red. 






So here's my Take on it.


What I loved about Maybelline Lip Smooth and Care 

  • Decent Moisturization - I have normal lips, i.e. they are not very dry. It gives me a good amount of miniaturisation. I feel the need to apply it 3-4 times.
  • Makes lips soft and plump when applied. Gives a light glossy shine.
  • Its a tinted lip balm. Colour spreads smoothly and gives a nice subtle tint.
  • The tint is very light in one swipe. If I apply it 2-3 times, it feels a bit heavy. I like my lip balms to be pigmented.
  • Very decently priced at Rs. 99 for 4.5gms. I got it for Rs. 90.
  • SPF 15 helps to protect lips from sun.
  • Easily available at all cosmetic shops.
  • Comes in a twist up tube packaging. Easy to carry. 
  • Very light and not at all waxy. 
What I Did not like about Maybelline Lip Smooth and Care

  • Long list of chemicals as ingredients
  • Tint is very sheer and not pigmented.
  • Fragrance is very artificial and very strong. Feels like sweet molten plastic. (My insensitive nose)
 I think i wont be buying this again. Will get Nivea Fruity Shine Lipbalm in Strawberry. Read Tanveer's review
 about it here.

3 comments:

anamika said...

i like these but if i compare them with nivea pomegranate than certainly nivea is the winner:)

Unknown said...

I like nivea too.. and lotus too :)

Zara said...

fragrance like sweet molten plastics?!?!?! yesssh!!

Post a Comment

Its always great to hear from you. Do let me know your thoughts. I will try to respond to all your comments and queries.