Reviews - Parachute Advansed Body Lotion Deep Nourish & Soft Touch

Monday, January 21, 2013

Parachute Advansed Body Lotion Deep Nourish for Extra Dry Skin

A few days back, I received these 2 generous samples of body lotions from Parachute. Since, I cannot use both at the same time, I gave the extra Dry Skin variant to my Mommy and used the Dry Skin variant. She is on certain medicines which make her skin extra dry. Before using, she was using Burt Bees Miracle Salve, almost as a body lotion. But it’s quite cumbersome to use that everyday and it’s somewhat more slippery and greasy then other body lotions. But Parachute Advansed Body Lotion Deep Nourish for extra Dry Skin  was a blessing for her. I guess i forget to tell you her age. She’s 54 and the age factor too makes her skin lot more dry. 

Parachute Advansed Body Lotion for extra Dry Skin comes in a pump dispenser bottle and packs in a whole lot of product, i.e. 400 for just Rs. 160. That’s nothing less then a steal. She needs only 4-5 pumps for her entire body and her skin stays moisturised till her next bath. Yes, it’s that effective. Parachute Advansed Body Lotion Deep Nourish for extra Dry Skin instantly soothes the dryness and flakiness on her skin, like hands, elbows and feet. Like me, she is not much of a fan of coconut fragrance and thankfully, the Extra Dry Skin variant did not smell obnoxiously of coconuts. It worked wonders in harsh Delhi winters, when the temperatures were almost reaching 1 and 2 degrees. Brr...Thank God. Those days are over. 

In a few words, this is a must buy and try for girls with very dry skin and dry skin. Elder Ladies, who require extra nourishment for their skin due to their age factor, should definitely definitely try this.




Parachute Advansed Body Lotion Soft Touch for Dry Skin

Bath in winters for me is more like splash splash- soap/body wash - splash splash. Runs to load the woollens. Wait, I think I forgot the Moisturiser part. So yeah, in winters, my usually well behaved skin turns quite dry. I mostly skip moisturisers/body lotions in summers, when the humidity levels are high. But winters are a different story for a winter hater. Seriously, I am totally and absolutely a summer person. I just don’t like winters, the bulky woollens, the dry winds, the dry skin, cold hands, cold feet...ugh..No way. I think I will find a job in Goa. LOL.

Again coming to review of Parachute Advansed Body Lotion Soft Touch for Dry Skin, which I used for almost 2 weeks. Read on to find out how it fared for me. 

First of all, Thank God, it did not smell of coconuts. Though I won’t mind if it smelled of strawberries. Just saying. J After a shower with hot water, (there’s no option of using lukewarm water :-P), my already dry skin feels more dry and stretchy. So, while the skin is still little bit damp, I apply this and it absorbs nicely without any greasy or slippery feeling, and it does not need to be rubbed vigorously. It smells nicely, though I am not able to distinguish the fragrances, but girls with senstivie noses, don’t worry. 

It’s very inexpensive for the job it does. A 250ml bottle comes for INR 115 and is very easily available in Departmental stores and local beauty shops. Very less amount is needed and it’s like I need 4-5 teaspoons for my entire body. Definitely a must have. 

The only con I can think of is that it may feel greasy and slippery in summers and except women who have very dry to dry skin all year round, most of us won’t feel like using it in humid Delhi summers or Mumbai Monsoons. But, who cares?? There is Parachute Advansed Summer Fresh which is great for light miniaturisation in summers. This stuff totally rocks for winters and I was amazed at how better my Mommy’s skin looked after few days of using it.

Dislaimer - Products sent by PR, reviews remain honest.

5 comments:

Megha Saraf said...

I never knew it comes in pump packaging as well. Would love to try it. Nice review!

Unknown said...

Megha..the pump packaging is very convenient to use. Do try these.

Blush and the Blog

Deepan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Divya said...

Nice Write-Up. I love the smell of Parachute Advansed Soft Touch. My skin has become real smooth and soft.

Unknown said...

@Divya, I love the scent. it really helped my dry skin in winters..

Post a Comment

Its always great to hear from you. Do let me know your thoughts. I will try to respond to all your comments and queries.