Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser - Review

Saturday, May 14, 2011
I recently got hold of this wonderful cleanser, which is definitely on its way to become my HG face cleanser. During my teens I used to have oily skin but since past 2-3 years, I have noticed that my skin has turned more into combination skin type, i.e. very oily on T-ZONE and dry on cheeks and rest of my face. I actually came to know that my skin is combination type after reading a lot of blogs. Before I always used to think that my skin was oily. :-P. My skin has become dry to the extent that even during scorching summers of Delhi, I at times feel the need to apply a thick cream like Vaseline Total Moisture 24 hour moisturizing cream. The effect lasts only for 5-6 hours after which I need to reapply. So during my search for a non-drying cleanser, a lot of my friends recommended Cetaphil Cleanser, which is especially for sensitive skin. I have been using this for past 2 weeks now and I think it’s the appropriate time for a review. 

What the Website says:
Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser is great for daily makeup removal. Originally formulated for dermatologists, this cleanser is gentle on your skin and sensitive to your skin’s needs. Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser will not strip the skin of natural protective oils or emollients, or disturb the skin’s natural pH balance. Recommended for years by dermatologists, it is fragrance-free and non-comedogenic. Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser is gentle enough for children, teens and adults. Suitable for: All skin types, infants, eczema, acne, rosacea & psoriasis. Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser is gentle enough for children, teens and adults.

What the product claims:
Originally developed by dermatologists especially for sensitive skin, Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is a soap substitute that preserves your skin’s natural protective oils. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser softens your skin as it gently cleanses. Independent clinical tests using Cetaphil® Gentle Skin Cleanser undiluted has shown it to be one of the gentlest non-soap cleansers. Its special formulation won’t sting your eyes and can remove light make-up without clogging pores. Developed to be used with or without water, Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is pH balanced and lanolin and fragrance free. Suitable for: All skin types, infants, eczema, acne, rosacea & psoriasis.

Suitable for: All skin types

Ingredients: 
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben



How I Use: 
I don’t use any makeup and the only thing that is there on my face at the end of the day is dust and grime. :-P. So I cannot say much about its claim for makeup removal. I use it like any other face wash. Take a small amount, about a 50 paise coin and apply on my face like a normal face wash. Rinse off with plenty of water. It can also be applied on face and then wiped off with cotton or wash cloth.

The Good:
  • It is very gentle yet very effective too. My face feels fresh and clean without any dry and stretchy feeling.
  • Can be used on acne prone skin or sensitive skin.
  • Very suitable for people with dry skin or combination skin. I have combination skin and it works very well.
  • No added fragrance and it is non-comedogenic (Means it will not produce or aggravate acne.)
  • Price, a very good product at a very affordable price. Available for Rs. 110 for 120 ml
  • Can be used on eczematous, xerotic skin and sunburnt skin.

The Not so Good:
  • The packaging which looks like a bottle of some medicine. I would have loved the packaging with a bit of more colour.
  • I somehow don’t find this bottle easy to carry even though its not very big in size. I would have preferred a flip top squeeze tube which would be easier to carry.
  • It claims to prevent acne but I am not fully satisfied on this part. 2-3 times in a month, I get these breakouts like spots on my forehead which appear to be under a layer of skin. They look like a small and swollen spot without a pimple head. No improvement in such breakouts, but 2 weeks is very less time to notice any improvement.
  • Gives a light chemical smell.
  • It is meant for sensitive skin but may not be of much use to oily skin.
  • Contains parabens and all ingredients are chemicals.
Verdict: 
I will purchase it again for obvious reasons. It really helped to provide relief my dry skin. I am on the lookout for their body wash now but can’t find it anywhere.


P.S. - Blogger has been misbehaving again since past few days. So just wanted to remind you all to export your blogs to the HDD. :-)





1 comments:

ganesh said...





That's interesting! Can you please share more about it? Thank you.



Best Facial Cleansers for Sensitive Skin

Post a Comment

Its always great to hear from you. Do let me know your thoughts. I will try to respond to all your comments and queries.