Lux Silk Nourishment Body Wash - Review

Saturday, February 19, 2011
Lux Silk Nourishment Body Wash in Creamy Yogurt, Light Natural Honey and Mediterranean Olive Extracts - Review

The moment I enter any departmental store, I am like a kid in a candy shop. My mother always hopes that I will help her with the groceries and foodstuff but I always betray her and rush over to the skincare counters. It was during one of my recent betryal episodes, I reached out to this beauty. So here's the review :

About the Product :

Intense Loving moisturisation for irresistibly silky skin

Indulge your skin with this gorgeous blend of nourishing Creamy Yogurt, Light Natural Honey and Mediterranean Olive Extracts, blended into this luxurious shower cream, which deeply moisturizes your skin, leaving it with a silky feel. Experience the feeling of irresistibly silky skin everyday.

How to Use :

Pour a little Lux Bodywash onto a wet loofah or onto your hand and apply on skin. Indulge in rich creamy later. Rinse off.

Ingredients :

Water, Myristic Acid, Lauric Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Palmitic Acid, Glycerin, Potassium Chloride, Perfume, Glycol Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, DMDM Hydantoin, Etidronic Acid, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Yogurt powder, Honey, Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil.

Price and Quantity :

Price: Rs. 80
Quantity: 250ml


I know the picture is crappy but it was taken from my camera phone.
My experience:

The bodywash has a silky texture and has a nice fragrance. It has a good consistency and is not very thick. I was a bit disappointed when I first used this bodywash because Lux's claim for rich creamy lather and irresistibly soft skin fell flat, atleast for me. However, the when taken on hand and lathers well but the lather hardly stays for few seconds and disappears from skin even before I could wash it off. I Love my bodywash to have a bit of staying fragrance, which stays for like an hour or two. After washing away, this Bodywash does'nt leave any fragrance :-(

I have a dry skin and bought this Bodywash solely for using it as a moisturising bodywash, but within an hour after the shower, My skin felt dry and I had to moisturise my skin. If you are looking for a moisturising bodywash, Dove Creme Bodywash is a much better option.

Hits for Lux Silk Nourishment Body Wash :
  • Mild fragrance, though it wears off completely after shower.
  • Price and the quantity.
  • Nice consistency, nor too thick and nor too runny.
  • Does not leave any oily feeling after washing off.

Misses for Lux Silk Nourishment Body Wash :
  • Does not moisturise, atleast for dry skin. Dry skin needs to be moisturised after shower. May work well for normal and oily skin.
  • Very less lather which disappears within few seconds even before washing it off.
  • No lingering fragrance after shower. I like my bodywash to have a fragrance which lingers on for sometime. Personally, for me, I would have loved it even more if the fragrance was a bit strong. (I have a history of liking strong and masculine frangrances and ended up using my Dad's colognes most of the times :-P)
Have you used any Lux Bodywash ??


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice review Prachi! I'm using the pinkish one from this range..can't recall the name right now. I was disappointed with it cos the smell barely lingered after bath. Have you tried any of the Fiama or Palmolive body washes?

Prachi said...

hey ankita..I also dont like this much because the frangrance barely stays..I just tried Dove before and going to buy it again..Havent tried Fiama or palmolive..are they good enough in terms of fragrnace and moisturisation....

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried Fiama but I've tried one from Palmolive long back- the milk honey almond one. It was quite moisturizing and smelled lovely..the fragrance stayed for a while too. Does the fragrance of the Dove one stay for some time?

Prachi said...

Dove has a very mild fragrance which does not linger on for much..I felt its just like dove soap in terms of fragrance..You know how dove soap bar is so mild and very less fragrant...Its really good for moisturising my dry skin...I would have loved it even more if the frangrance stayed a bit..I am going to try palmolive now..

PeachesandBlush said...

I use jergens and its reallllly nice...!!!
I like bodyshop too~

Post a Comment

Its always great to hear from you. Do let me know your thoughts. I will try to respond to all your comments and queries.