Faces Kajal Review

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Every woman’s vanity box is never complete without a kajal, be it in a pencil, retractable or even a tub.

Today’s review is about Faces Kajal. So let’s start.

Price : Rs 99 for 3g

My Experience

The kajal comes in square lipstick like packaging with a small mirror which is great for touch ups. The cap snaps shut and won’t open on its own if it carried in handbag.

The texture and pigmentation of this kajal is just too good. It is really soft and a single swipe gives a nice jet black line. No pulling, tugging or stinging. It can be further thickened as per your preferences, whether you like to wear thin lines or thick lines. I tried this for lining my waterline, upper lash line, lower lash line and even tight lining. (Still trying to get a hang of tight lining) and it never stung my eyes. It’s the blackest black kajals I have come across.

The Faces kajal stays on my waterline for almost 5-6 hours, although it starts fading after about 4 hours. On my upper lash line, it kind of smudges because i have oily eyelids. Even when it smudges a bit on upper or lower lashline, it can be easily wiped with a cotton swab without giving any racoon eyes. 




To sum up
  • Did not sting/irritate my eyes
  • Very reasonably priced
  • Easy to carry packaging and wont open in your purse.
  • Super pigmented black shade
  • Smudges very little and can be easily removed with a cotton swab or tissue.
  • Soft, smooth and creamy texture, applies easily on the lids/waterline without any tugging.

I love it. What about you ?

A small tip for all brown eyed girls. If the colour of your eyes in brown or light brown (me included), rather then back, try a pigmented brown kajal. It looks wonderful. Try it. Brown kajals and kohls make your dark circles even less prominent. Tried and tested by Yours Truly. :-D

11 comments:

Pooja G said...

this looks nice ...was waiting for a review in this one...n I second that brown liner tip :)

Anuradha said...

Thanks for the review Prachi!!! I will definitely try this one after my Lotus Kajal gets over-I like the packaging too!!! :)

isimplylovemakeup said...

i love it too :)
nice review! concise and to the point :)

Unknown said...

Even I have this one with me! Its the best kajal available in the market for reasonable price!

Unknown said...

the packaging looks classy..but am more curious bout brown kajals? ne suggestion..cause kohls generally dont work in water lines??

Upasana said...

woow looksss so black :D nice review prachi :)

Prachi said...

@Pooja, its nice. Do try it. I just wish this one came in brown too.

@Golden Falcon, this review is for you only. It will look lovely on your big eyes.

@Suma, thanks.

@Manya, indeed it's inexpensive and best.

@few unecessary stuff, I got myself a faces long wear eye pencil in metallic brown. Seems perfect to me. Chambor has some very pigmented brown eye pencils too.

@Upasana, thanks dear. have you used it for your gorgeous eye makeups? :-)

Shrilata Madeneni said...

This looks good. Can you suggest some brand which has brown Kajals even i have brown eyes :)

Prachi said...

@Shrilata, I have heard good reviews about Faces eye pencils. Chambor tatto eyeliner and dazzle eye pencil also have nice brown shades, both in shimmery and matte. You can also try Deborah Milano extra eye pencil. They have good staying power and some very nice brown shades. Hope this helps.

Prachi said...

@Shrilata, I have heard good reviews about Faces eye pencils. Chambor tatto eyeliner and dazzle eye pencil also have nice brown shades, both in shimmery and matte. You can also try Deborah Milano extra eye pencil. They have good staying power and some very nice brown shades. Hope this helps.

Payel Karmakar said...

i was a great fan of faces solid black kajal but recently its not doin a good job... It smudges very easily if little bit a water is applied. before it never did.now its almost like other brands

Post a Comment

Its always great to hear from you. Do let me know your thoughts. I will try to respond to all your comments and queries.