Playing with Lumiere Pigments

Friday, November 25, 2011
Hey Girls,

A small post about Lumiere Cosmetics I was sent a few 2 samples of their foundations, 3 eye pigments/shadows and 2 blushes.

Here are the pictures

Left - Foundations, Middle - Eye Shadows, Right - Blushes (with Flash)

Left - Foundations, Middle - Eye Shadows, Right - Blushes (without Flash)
 The eye shadows in the centre, i.e. the second and third are actually shimmery grey and silver, but my camera has ruined their shades. They look from the blue family. Anyways, these samples came in really tiny pots and it was quite difficult to take out product from them. So I took very small amount on a tissue and then used.

Swatches



A little information provided by Lumiere about the Warm Foundation Colors -

Foundation Skin Depths -
  (not based on skin colors and tones)

Fair - The very lightest color, Pale like Nicole Kidman, Julianne Moore, Cate Blanchett
Light - A shade darker than Fair, Light like Keira Knightley, Reese Witherspoon, Madonna
Light Medium - A shade darker than Light but lighter than Medium, Light Medium like Charlize Theron, Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Simpson
Medium - A shade darker than Light Medium, Medium like Angelina Jolie, Penelope Cruz, Jessica Alba
Medium Deep - A shade deeper than Medium, Medium Deep like Eva Longora, Jennifer Lopez, Eva Mendez
Deep - A shade deeper than Medium Deep, Deep like Halle Berry, Beyonce, Jada Pinkett Smith

- Foundation Bases -


Veena Velvet -
Skin type = normal to oily
Coverage - buildable light medium to heavy
Finish = matte
Ingredients = premium grade serecite (colorless mica), titanium dioxide, avena sativa, zinc oxide, iron oxide, magnesium stearate.

Flawless Face -  
Skin type = normal to dry
Coverage - medium to heavy, most opaque base, *colors may be lighter than other bases we offer due to higher levels of titanium and zinc
Finish = matte
Ingredients = premium grade serecite (colorless mica), titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, iron oxides, boron nitride, silica, magnesium stearate, squalane 

Luminesse -
Skin type = all skin types
Coverage - buildable light to medium
Finish = silky glow, not shimmery
Ingredients = premium grade serecite (colorless mica), boron nitride, zinc oxide, avena sativa, titanium dioxide, iron oxide, tocopherol (vitamin e)

Cashmere -
Skin type = all skin types
Coverage - buildable light to medium
Finish = mostly matte, has a soft silkiness
Ingredients = real silk powder, serecite (colorless mica), titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, boron nitride, iron oxides

My Take on the Lumiere Foundation Bases

These foundation bases are pretty good in providing coverage, almost opaque. The samples were sent to me after I had sent them my picture. And, oh boy, I am so glad. The foundations matched my skin tone exactly. I dabbed a bit on my under-eyes and my dark circles almost look concealed. Yes, worked great as concealer too. A very little amount is needed and though the sample jars are tiny, they would easily last me 12-15 uses or even more. They glide effortlessly on the skin and stay for a quite long time, but come off easily if skin comes in contact with water or sweat. The only drawback I felt was that these foundation made my dry skin even more dry. They have to applied on a well moisturized skin.

My Take on the Lumiere Eye Pigments 
 
I am not very much an eyeshadow girl and hardly use eye shadows when it comes to eye-makeup. The Eye shadow samples i was sent were one matet and 2 shimmery shades. The matte shade is very close to my skin tone and would serve as a great eye makeup base. The other 2 shimmery shades have a lot of glitter in them and would be very pretty for some dramatic eye looks, especially the greyish black one with tons of shimmer. The eye pigments are nicely pigmented and I think they would easily stay for a long time.

My Take on the Lumiere Blushes

What can I say about the blushes ? I recently discovered my undying love for blushes. The blushes are very soft and smooth and glide on cheeks like a dream. They are almost matte without any big chunky glitter. The blushes too, like skin foundation made my skin more dry so I tried using a thick cream before using the blushes. They stayed for about 3-4 hours with the thick moisture layer, which is good enough. Overall, I find the shades really really pretty and very much wearable for girls with light and fair skin tones. The shades won't show up well on girls with wheatish skin tones.

So, here's my short post about Lumiere Cosmetics. I find their products to be of good quality, very fine texture and good staying power. Ignoring the fact that they made my skin dry, I think that these products would work better on girls with oily skin and medium to oily skin.

Have you used Lumiere Cosmetics ? What do you think about their products ?

Disclaimer - Products sent by brand for consideration. Read entire Disclaimer here

3 comments:

Pooja G said...

I used their eye pigments...and I was bowled over with their pigmentation...other than that their lip scrub was nice but the lipglosses were a failure!

ridsj said...

i am yet to use these...

Allaboutladies said...

both the blushes luk gorgeous..

Post a Comment

Its always great to hear from you. Do let me know your thoughts. I will try to respond to all your comments and queries.