Nature's Co. Rosemary Hibiscus Hair Mask Review

Thursday, February 9, 2012

This is one of the first hair masks I have used. I have mixed feelings about this one. Want to know more ? Read on.






Nature's Co. Rosemary Hibiscus Hair Mask claims 




Price - Rs. 1095
Quantity - 125gm



My Experience Nature's Co Rosemary Hibiscus Hair Mask

Nature's Co Rosemary Hibiscus Hair Mask comes in a powder form and has to be mixed with water to form a paste and then applied. I used it 6 -7 times during the humid monsoons when my hair really frizzy and despite oiling and conditioning, I could see thousands of obnoxious little strands of hair popping out of everywhere.  I don’t have any dandruff or severe hairfall problem, though I do loose some strands whenever I wash my hair. My hair is quite wavy and dry and every time I shampoo, it becomes drier even after conditioning. I usually apply a few drop of oil mixed with water after shampoo for the dryness. 

Well, I used this hair mask for 30 minutes everytime before shampooing and I could notice a remarkable reduction in frizziness and dryness. My hair felt much more smoother to touch. I can’t say much about its claims for greying hair, thinning hair and dandruff, because I don’t suffer from these hair problems. 

Now coming to the bad part, the hair mask is a nightmare to apply. No matter how thick paste I make, it keeps on dripping all over my face, neck, clothes. It’s really difficult to keep it on for 30 minutes and all the time, I had to stay in the bathroom to avoid messing the whole house. I wish it came in a cream form or maybe by way of oil, which would definitely drip less.  Another con I find is that it’s quite expensive for the quantity it contains. It’s too less for the price. The hair mask has a weird smell, quite similar to the Indian spices, Garam Masala. Lol. Yup, I could make it out the first time i sniffed it. The smell comes only when the mask is in powder and when it is mixed with water, the smell is considerably reduced. 

Verdict - I does work on my hair and makes my hair less frizzy and more smooth, but I won’t repurchase it due to its high price and the mess it creates. I would rather try out those L’Oreal professional hair creams.
Have you used any hair mask ? Which hair mask works for you ? Do let me know.


14 comments:

Nivedita said...

True. The Nature's Co products are so pricey. But I have their hairoil which I really love. it helps me get rid of the dryness and the frizziness and even the dandruff in winter! I am planning to use it in summers when I wash my hair amlost twice a day :P

Prachi said...

@Nivedita, which hair oil..? i would want to try if it works on dryness...washing hair twice a day...how do u manage re..? washing hair 3 times a week is quite a task for me..:-(

Unknown said...

I thought this will be great and read :p..guess all companies have some duds :)

Unknown said...

Oh great I saw this in the store today n the sa was so much in praise on this..i didn't buy it..thnk God! I want to try their hair oils btw :)
till date i have tried only one hair mask -tbs radiance hair butter..it works fine for me :) other than lush henna

Unknown said...

I sooo wanted to buy this, you wont believe! Thanks a lot for your review dear.For this much quantity, I cant really afford it!

Unknown said...

I sooo wanted to buy this, you wont believe! Thanks a lot for your review dear.For this much quantity, I cant really afford it!

Prachi said...

@Siri, it's not actually a dud sweety, but really really messy and difficult to apply..I found it quite expensive too.

Prachi said...

@Manya, yup..quite pricey. I won't be buying it either. If they double the qauntity, then maybe. lol..

Prachi said...

@few unnecessary stuff (I hate to address you this way :-)), It's good coz it took away my frizz but thinking of price and difficulty to apply, I will give it a pass. Wish it came in cream form or maybe they put the same stuff in an oil. What type of hair you have and which oils are on your mind ?

Unknown said...

looks interesting but even I prefer masks in cream form so that they are easy to apply otherwise its cheaper to concoct homemade masks!!!

Lancy said...

Nice Review :)

Megha Sarin said...

I have been looking for a good hair mask <3

Love
http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

Monika said...

I like the sound of this as it doesn't have silicones in it and seems like natural ingredients but the Garam Masala smell is a shame!
xo
http://moonshine709.blogspot.com/

Shrilata Madeneni said...

Nature's Co products are a bit on pricey tag. I really wish this could have been better in terms of application

Post a Comment

Its always great to hear from you. Do let me know your thoughts. I will try to respond to all your comments and queries.